Is interferometry suited to my science case?
- In order to understand if your science case is suited for interferometry, you can consult the list of papers published by interferometric instrument
What instrument should I use?
- GRAVITY is a 4-way beam combiner in the K band with spectroscopic, fringe tracking and astrometric capabilities.
- wavelength range: 2.0-2.4 micron
- spectral resolution: 22, 500 and 4500
- spatial resolution: up to 3 mas
- MATISSE is a 4-way beam combiner in the L, M and N infrared bands
- wavelength range L-band: 3.2-3.9 micron
- spectral resolution L-band: 30, 500 and 1000
- wavelength range M-band: 4.5-5.0 micron
- spectral resolution M-band: 30 and 500
- wavelength resolution N-band: 8-13 micron
- spectral resolution N-band: 30 and 200
- spatial resolution: 5-10 mas
- PIONIER is a 4-way beam combiner in the H band using the visitor focus of the VLTI
- wavelength range: 1.5-2.4 micron
- spectral range: 5 and 30
- spatial resolution: 2.5 mas
How do I apply for time and prepare my observations?
How do I reduce my data?
How do I model my data?
Where can I find the VLTI Pipelines?
Where can I find support literature for interferometry?